All online mentoring includes one hour sessions, check ins with the parents, and individualized goal setting. A typical session goes as follows; review of what we will do that session, a quick “how are you feeling” check in, transition breathing exercise, instructional discussion, mindfulness activity, “how are you feeling” reflection, gratitude sharing.
- Our mentoring programs for children are based on the WISDOM System for Coaching Children from Adventures In Wisdom.
- This is a story-based coaching system for children ages 6-12, with fun and engaging programs. The programs provide tools and resources to empower kids to be leaders of their own life by taking full responsibility for their journey.
- While being in the program, children learn how to overcome self-doubt, manage mistakes, and deal with peer pressure so they can develop strong self-esteem and powerful self-confidence for a lifetime. Each child’s month will look different then another, every child gets their own, individual instructional discussions.
- The programs are designed in such a way that children feel like they’re playing: they’re easy and fun, but also teach skills and provide steps to take action.
- We learn by reading stories to spark discussion rather than talking directly about challenges or situations. This helps them feel at ease because they are not being judged or put on the spot. We call this “teaching without preaching” or “learning without lecturing”.
Sign up for a complimentary call!
Follow us for mindfulness tips!